07 September 2012

Death by Doxie : Elfi and the Suitcase

All this travel is making Elfi even more neurotic than usual. 

Whenever I'm home she's been my little shadow, following me from room to room throughout the day. She's been making love eyes at the husband and weasels about desperate for a pat but also trying to act like she could take it or leave it. She's more vocal than usual too, with her Scooby Doo voice getting quite the workout anytime we walk through the front door (as an aside, the husband thinks I'm turning into Scooby Doo, but that's a whole other story...). 

When I was unpacking recently, Elfi showed her displeasure by plonking herself right on top of the suitcase. Just look at those sad, sad eyes.


ps. Don't feel too sad for Elfi - we actually have an awesome dog sitter that Elfi loves, she stays at our house when we're away and I'm sure spoils her silly.

6 comments:

  1. Aw! So precious!

    Ralph is similar. When the suitcase comes up she knows something is up and when ever I've been away she becomes my shadow on my return.

    <3 our pooches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was their dog sitter! ♥
    Gracie knows something's up as soon as I put my shoes on ... I do believe she's only seen a suitcase once since living with me!
    note to self: I need to travel more.
    Or perhaps travel without Grace more! (I take her with me whenever I do my rare weekend getaways)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am a wee bit jealous of the travelling-with-your-dog thing! I'd SO love to take the hounds everywhere with us, damn those quarantine regulations!

      Delete
  3. I do love your dachshund posts. I've absolutely loved dachshunds since I was a small kid. We've always had dogs but I've never managed to get my little sausage - yet. I have recently managed to get my husband to tentatively agree to getting me a dachshund for my 40th birthday in three years time. I'm thinking of a standard (shaded red) longhair but every time I see a black and tan shorthair I think again. Is it true that the longhairs are so much more laid back than the shorthairs (due to spaniel input)?
    Love your blog by the way! Please more dachshund posts! Your two are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHE makes my little heart hurt... Ahhhh!! So sweet.
    Death by Elfi eyes!

    Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
    http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. nawww!!!

    i'm coming over and lying on your case until you take MEEEEE on a holiday! so jealous! :P

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.