09 August 2012

Hola Spain!

Tomorrow the husband and I head to Spain! Which is something I'm ridiculously excited about! We land in Madrid and then head down to Malaga to spend seven days on a big boat in the Mediterranean. Then we hire a car and spend a week or so driving back to Madrid. Ace! Fab! Yay! 

I haven't been to the south of Spain before, so I am very much looking forward to exploring some new cities. Plus, it's summer in Europe - sunshine, warm nights, late dinners...Also, Madrid holds a special place in my heart as it was the very first European city I ever laid eyes on. 

I landed there ten years ago and I immediately fell in love. I dragged out my photo album from that trip today - yes, those were the days when cameras had film, and when we actually printed photos and put them in albums - just look at those blue, blue skies! I was 26 and travelling on my own then, how life has changed...

Madrid's a city I've wanted to revisit ever since, and going back with my husband is going to make it extra special! More exclamation marks! Did I mention I'm a bit excited?


Special bonus not Spain related postscript:

At the time of this trip I worked for McDonald's Australia. Part of what allowed me to travel was that every two years the company held a Convention overseas (see, there are the benefits to working for a multi-national!). So I actually started this trip in South Africa. Where I got to pat baby lions. Awesome.

3 comments:

  1. This is so Awesome! Have a fabulous time! The first European city I laid eyes on was Paris! It has a special place in my heart too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Spain! I've never been and would love to go. Looking forward to seeing your amazing pics.
    Have a fabulous time!

    PS I'm super jealous you got to pat baby lions :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.