31 August 2012

Collecting Colour : August is Orange

Yikes! Talk about cutting it fine! But, the month is not quite over...

Orange is so bright and happy and fun, I find it hard to resist. But although I adore orange, I wasn't sure how much of it I'd find about the place, so I was pleasantly surprised by the depth and variety of this collection. 

There's a gorgeous silk clutch from Pikula bags; a lion card from Shanghai Tang; books (including a lush volume about Joy Division and a funny little flip book); lego legs; a Wade goldfish figurine; some of my favourite spotty fabric; a little birdy felt brooch I made about a year ago; lollies, feathers, a butter dish and a toy car. 

Considering how tardy I've been with my collection I'll leave the linky open for a few extra weeks, so please join in (even if it's September!).


* * * * * * *

Every month through 2012 I'll be 'collecting colour', and you can join in too!  Link up below, and/or add your photo to the Flickr group here.  And go here to get all the information you need.  



8 comments:

  1. Love your collection Emily! At first I thought the little round orange things were burger rings…! ;)

    After doing mine I wondered why I didn't have any of the orange penguin classics to include. I guess that's a bit hipster though… Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi, are you calling me a hipster?! How insulting (I think)... I have quite the collection of vintage penguins, I always buy the super old ones when I see them at the oppy, even if I have no idea what the book is!

      ps. No burger rings in Korea, I guess that's a good thing? (Lots of dried squid though, which is no such a good thing.)

      Delete
    2. Teehee! I think it's only the new release orange penguins that are considered hipster so you're safe. ;P

      Delete
  2. I thought they were burger rings as well!! I love these posts of yours and so impressed that you have a book about Joy Division. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma, I'm glad you like!

      I hadn't noticed it but the fluffy hair ties do look an awful lot like burger rings! I bought the Joy Division book for my husband, he is a massive fan (and has been since he was a young (-er) man) - it's beautifully laid out, full of amazing b+w pics.

      Delete
    2. Welcome back Emily! Love your collection. I love how the different shades of oranges and the different sizes flow in your collection. We have one element in common this month, as we did last month, the adorable fishes ( only mine are alive!).

      Delete
  3. That orange tiger card from Shanghai Tang! OMG want one :)! Those orange feathers are pretty too. Great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily your collections always remind me of myself. No matter how hard I try to convey my "inner self" and "true artist" it never turns out. Then I view everyone else's work and I realize I see more of myself in those collections than my own. What does this mean?

    I particularly like your mix of daily wear and creative tidbits like the string. Also, thanks for keeping the linky thing open. Cheers. =P

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.